Two weeks can make such a difference!
This was our deck on March 1st:
On the following Friday the weather started to warm up, and by Sunday a lot of the snow had disappeared.
By this weekend, the snow was gone from the deck.
- I couldn’t say for sure when all the snow disappeared, but I’m happy to see it gone.
- There’s still snow out in the yard, but it’s definitely disappearing.
- I was busy this weekend, doing all the usual weekend stuff, and while I wouldn’t say I didn’t notice the nice weather, I wasn’t really taking time to appreciate it. I went out this afternoon to drop something in the mailbox and realized that it was beautiful out and I didn’t want to go back inside right away.
- So I took a quick detour through the house to grab my camera and went out to check on things in the yard.
- Still snow around the edges, but closer to the house the snow is gone. Of course it’s pretty wet out there right now – I was squelching my way around. There are signs of life though and I’d say I will have snowdrops and crocuses before too long.
Frank & Zappa assumed the usual positions.
It really was a beautiful day. After touring the yard, I went for a short walk – wanted a bit more fresh air and sunshine!
I’m trying not to get too excited; I did hear a meteorologist utter a nasty word starting with the letter ‘s’ this morning. Still, a warm & sunny weekend does wonders for the spirit!
Checking in on those baby catnip plants; they’re still tiny but they are coming along.